Within the last four years (ever since I decided to reduce gluten in my diet), I’ve come across tasty and nutritious ways to eat one of the things that I love the most: dessert.
Black beans are a versatile fiber-rich rockstar, which I’m sure you’ll find delightful in the recipe below:
- Two eggs
- 1 ∕ 2 cups of greek yogurt (to make it vegan, substitute with applesauce or avocado)
- 1 tsp of Madagascar vanilla extract
- 1 ∕ 2 tsp salt
- 1 / 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 / 4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (15 oz) can of organic black beans (make sure to drain and rinse them before use)
- One tablespoon of ghee (to make it vegan, substitute with coconut oil or smashed avocado)
- 2 / 3 organic dark chocolate chips
- 2 / 3 cups of organic raw sugar + 1 full dropper of liquid stevia
- Oven at 350 Fahrenheit
- Grease a circular or square pan (ideally an 8 x 2 or 8 x 8)
- Blend all ingredients except for the organic dark chocolate chips. You might also use a hand blender and/or food processor. Make sure to continuously incorporate all the ingredients together with a spatula in between pulses.
- After the batter achieves a dense consistency, add half of the chocolate chips and mix.
- Pour batter into the pan of choice and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 28-32 min. Brownies should be cooled down completely before serving them.
- Eat and enjoy!